Ages: 14 – 17
The Charleston Animal Society generally requires all volunteers to be 18 of age or older. However, we are excited to be able to extend an opportunity to teenagers interested in volunteering before the age of 18! We have created a program to educate highly motivated and mature students on all the ins and outs of volunteering at the shelter. After completing this program successfully, students will be able to take on the important responsibility of working with shelter animals unaccompanied by a parent or guardians.
- This program is offered from October through May.
- Classes meet twice a month, unless otherwise stated in schedule.
- Classes are from 3-5 pm Sunday afternoons.
- Attendance to all animal handling meetings are required- sorry no “make-ups”.
- The program fee is $200 per participant.
- Scholarships are available. Contact Heather Grogan for details at email@example.com
Refunds will not be available to participants who are unable to complete the program. Program fees supplement our training classes and help offset the cost associated with staffing & materials. After graduation from the program, students must volunteer monthly to keep the privilege of volunteering unaccompanied by an adult.
Download Your Forms
If you have questions about Humane Heroes, or a scholarship, please contact Heather Grogan – (843) 329-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re Easy to Find! 15 Minutes from Downtown Charleston, take the Remount Road Exit off I-26.
Animal Shelter Hours:
12pm – 5:00pm (Weekdays)
10am – 5:00pm (Weekends)
Phone: (843) 747-4849
2455 Remount Road
North Charleston, SC 29406