Bring your Scout Troop to Charleston Animal Society!
Our “Paw Patch” program provides scout troops with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of life-saving work while also learning about what they can do to help animals in their community. Go on an interactive behind-the-scenes tour of the shelter, meet new furry friends, and participate in a fun activity or lesson tailored to the needs of your troop!
Popular lesson/activity topics are:
- Service learning/ hands-on enrichment building
- Basic pet care and pet needs
- Bite prevention and safety
- Program cost is $15 per scout, which includes a paw patch badge and program certificate for each scout
- Program length is one hour and includes 3 parts: behind-the-scenes tour of the shelter, lesson/activity of the troop’s choice, and an interaction with a shelter animal
- Scheduling availability Sundays-Fridays during business hours, and may be dependent on group size
- $75 program deposit due at time of booking
Can’t make the trip to the shelter?
We offer a virtual scout program! These highly interactive sessions will feature an in-depth tour of our facility with views into exclusive “staff only” rooms that cannot be visited in person! Scouts will see cute animals and learn more about the shelter’s role in the community and how they can get involved.
Virtual programs cost $60 plus $3 per Charleston Animal Society paw patch badge
Program length is 45 minutes
There is no limit to the number of scouts that can log in, and multiple troops can join together!
Scheduling availability Mondays-Fridays during business hours
$60 program fee due at time of booking
For more information and to book either program, contact Kylie at email@example.com or (843) 329-0771