In this Section:
DURING THE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY: Follow Safety Guidelines Don’t Panic Get Solid Information
Charleston Animal Society is dedicated to providing you with accurate and current information to help you understand Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our pets. Please look for our continuing series of videos from our CEO and President Joe Elmore.
We Are Stronger Together
Currently, there is no indication that pets can get sick from the COVID-19 virus. Researchers from around the world, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) are studying this issue. CLICK HERE for Charleston Animal Society’s statement on cats & the coronavirus.
Charleston Animal Society’s response to this national health emergency will continue to evolve and you may see some changes in the way we operate. But rest assured, we will continue to serve the public and the animals that depend on us.
As a community, it is important that we join together during this crisis and respond with thoughtful planning and not panic.
Please stay in touch with us by following our blog posts below. We will also be updating you through Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Follow all guidelines from the government on keeping you and your family safe.
- Follow all recommended hygiene practices.
- At this time, we are reducing the number of spay-neuter surgeries we are performing.
- Look for our messaging that will be asking for assistance, including foster families, adoptions and donations.
- Reach out and help a sick friend or neighbor with their pets.
- Only use reputable sources for information. We recommend the CDC, WHO and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- Use AmazonSmile if you’re stocking up on supplies (It’s the charity of arm of Amazon and will benefit our animals).
- Please remember our animals during this crisis and Donate. The coronavirus will not stop the need to save these precious creatures.
7 Ways YOU Can Help Animals During this Emergency
As the impact of Covid-19 on our families and community continues to grow, we want you to know that Charleston Animal Society is going nowhere and is here to serve.
Each year, we touch the lives of 20,000 animals — 20,000 miracles that you make possible.
If you are able to help us during this time, we’ve put together a list of ways to support us and help us keep caring for the animals in our shelter. Thank you for your ongoing support:
- Donate to our most critical needs: Coronavirus can’t stop our dedication to saving animal lives. Please help with whatever donation you can afford: CLICK HERE
- Start your own fundraising campaign for Charleston Animal Society on Facebook.
- Adopt a Homeless Pet: see our animals 24/7 at Charlestonanimalsociety.org/adopt.
- Donate Amazon Wishlist items for the shelter. Use Amazon Smile (which gives back to the shelter!) CLICK HERE to see our wish list.
- Become a Guardian, by giving a monthly donation. CLICK HERE.
- Give to our medical fund. CLICK HERE for Toby’s Fund.
- Save an abused or neglected animal from Cruelty. CLICK HERE for Caitlyn’s Fund.