5 STEPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE
The National Weather Service is predicting an “above normal” hurricane season, with 19 named storms that may include six storms, with three of them classified as “major” hurricanes. That’s why it is so important for you to prepare your emergency plan now — and not wait until a storm is looming.
- Include your pets and other animals, including your farm animals and livestock, in your emergency plans. CLICK HERE for FEMA’S 2020 pet emergency planning brochure.
- Build a separate emergency kit for your pets, including water, food and medications.
- Make sure and keep digital records and photos to identify your pet or animal after a disaster in case you become separated.
- Create a list of places that accepts pets if an emergency happens. These may not be the same as last year due to the coronavirus.
- Update you pet’s vaccinations and their microchips information now. If they are not microchipped, please do this along with ensuring their collars have update I.D. tags.