Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed.
6 STEPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR A HURRICANE
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Climate Prediction Center is predicting another above-normal Atlantic hurricane season. Forecasters predict a 60% chance of an above-normal season, with a likely range of 13 to 20 named storms, of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes. That’s why it is so important for you to prepare your emergency plan now — and not wait until a storm is looming.
- Include your pets and other animals, including your farm animals and livestock, in your emergency plans. CLICK HERE for our free Pet Evacuation Checklist.
- Make sure your cat or dog is registered for FREE on Petco Love Lost at Lost.PetcoLove.org.
- Build a separate emergency kit for your pets, including water, food and medications.
- Make sure and keep digital records and photos to identify your pet or animal after a disaster in case you become separated.
- Create a list of places that accepts pets if an emergency happens. These may not be the same as last year due to the coronavirus.
- Update you pet’s vaccinations and their microchips information now. If they are not microchipped, please do this along with ensuring their collars have update I.D. tags.