No Place Like Home Challenge
For the month of March, Charleston Animal Society will be participating in the “No Place Like Home Challenge,” a Maddie’s Fund nationwide initiative to increase the number of lost pets that are reunited with their families. Throughout the month we will be embracing new strategies and expanding current practices to get more pets home where they belong.
Charleston Animal Society has set a goal of increasing our Return to Home rate for stray adult canines in Charleston County by 5%. Some of our strategies to reach this goal include:
- Every animal admitted to the shelter is posted on FindingRover.com.
- All pets adopted, spayed, or neutered in the month of March at our shelter will leave wearing a collar and engraved ID tag.
- All spay or neuter appointments that are scheduled over the phone or online during the month of March will be receiving a FREE microchip and registration thanks to our partner, PetHealth. Note: this does not include the appointments already scheduled in March.
- Yard signs are distributed to the community that can be posted where a pet is found and direct the public to Charleston Animal Society and FindingRover.com.
- Brochures will be distributed with Lost & Found pet information.
- A volunteer team is dedicated to monitoring social media channels to identify lost pets.
What can you do?
Make sure that you, your family and your friends have your pets posted on FindingRover.com, a facial recognition software for reuniting lost pets with their families. It’s completely free and it only takes a few minutes to sign up!
Also, enter our GIVEAWAY on Facebook or Instagram We are giving away a FREE book, “Rescued” by King & Fields Studios as well as a $50 gift card to our Online Pet Supply Store! Enter to win in just two simple steps:
- Tag a friend or family member in the comments of the giveaway post.
- Tag Charleston Animal Society in a picture of your pet wearing a collar and tag.
Winners will be randomly selected on March 31st! Good luck!
This challenge is funded by Maddie’s Fund® and Michelson Found Animals Foundation, in collaboration with Adoptimize, the ASPCA, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement, Best Friends Animal Society, HeARTS Speak, the Humane Society of the United States, National Animal Care and Control Association and Petco Foundation.