Join a great team at Charleston Animal Society. Reporting to the Chief Lifesaving Officer, this position is a customer forward facing role that supports the Society by working with foster parents, owner surrenders and customers who have lost pets.
This position is full time at $13/hour, Tuesday through Saturday, with 4.5 days starting at 8am and ending at 5:30pm and 1 half day that ends at 1pm.
- Ensure all situations of an emotional or controversial manner are handled with professionalism and compassion.
- Anticipate customer’s needs and offer assistance before requested – addressing clients concerns regarding pets.
- Greet customers and potential adopters with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Collect fees from customers.
- Participate and direct cleaning and feeding cat intake rooms.
- Answer phone in a professional manner and provide accurate information to callers.
- Assist customers with completing lost animal reports and Return To Owner (RTO) paperwork to ensure accuracy.
- Explain policies thoroughly to all customers.
- Schedule owner surrender appointments and handle them in a professional manner.
- Enter animal intakes into Pet Point (Computer System) when animals are received.
- Maintain cleanliness of the intake cat and dog areas as well as front lobby areas on a continuous basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior animal handing experience preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service Experience in emotional settings.
- High Degree of organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic data entry and filing knowledge.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours.
- Ability to continuously clean throughout the day.
***All incoming hires must be fully vaccinated***
All jobs will have significant physical requirements and lots of cleaning (mopping floors and cleaning kennels).
*** Drug test and background checks are required for all positions. ***
Accessibility: If you have impairment(s) covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to job application, please call 843-329-1561.
All incoming hires need to be fully vaccinated. Masks are required at this time inside the building.
Send resume to:
Senior Director of Human Resources