Gift Processing and Records Coordinator
- Job Summary:
- Under minimal supervision, serves as the frontline for contact with donors constituencies related to gifts, process gift and pledge adjustments and is responsible for performing a variety of complex duties associated with confidential gift processing function. Receives gifts in the form of checks, charge cards, stock transfers or other valuables, and develops and maintains procedures manual for gift and pledge entry and maintenance. Ensures compliance with accounting principles, Charleston Animal Society policy, state, and federal laws.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to donor constituencies, regarding donor designation, allocation, receipts, and recognition. Counsels department leadership, donors, gift officers, and others on IRS compliance and regulations, processes and procedures on charitable donations.
- Processes large volume of gifts in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, stock transfers, IRA transfers, royalty payments or other valuables.
- Identifies processing problems or deficiencies, takes corrective action and makes
recommendations for changes. Researches and resolves problems related to transactions and other activities.
- Analyzes gifts and documentation to determine legal donor, gift category, IRS charitable types and funds for application and charitable gift eligibility. Works with development officers to coordinate appropriate pledge applications/designation.
- Verify and ensure acquisition of matching gifts. Research donor employment for matching gift eligibility; process on-line matching gift verifications from matching gift companies; notify donor or development officer of matching gift opportunity; update and maintain matching gift information in system; process information to follow up on matching gift forms not received from donors and payments not received from matching gift companies to maximize donations. Make appropriate updates in system to employment and matching gift status.
- Administers gift acknowledgement process for donors. Coordinates with development officers and board on gifts from key donors, pledges or fund, a foundation or a matching gift company.
- Create new and maintain existing biographical records and information including addresses, business and employer information, matching gift company information, name changes and other facts pertinent to our constituents. Review gift document and multiple additional sources including the BBNC connector, staff updates, etc.
- Maintains specific modules of the donor database; manages appropriate department records in accordance with applicable policies and standards; creates regular and ad-hoc reports as requested and assists management in interpretation of reports.
- Primary schedule may include weekdays and/or weekends, including evenings, as appropriate.
Send resume to:
Senior Director of Human Resources
Email: [email protected]