Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director of Adoptions, this position supports the Society by working with prospective adopters in the cat adoption room and dog room. This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work environment, cleaning both the dog kennels and cat kennels, and facilitating adoptions.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday
Pay: $13.00/hr. + Benefits
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and provisions of animal care in a safe, competent, professional and humane manner at all times.
- Greet customers and potential adopters with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Answer phone in a professional manner and provide accurate information to callers.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Explain any medical/behavioral disclosures to adopter prior to starting the adoption process.
- Administer medication under the supervision of staff veterinarian.
- Maintain accurate medical and adoption records.
- Provide enrichment to animals.
- Maintain cleanliness of dogs for adoption, outside play area, and “Meet and Greet” rooms on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Conduct playgroups and work with dogs on basic obedience.
- Maintain cleanliness of cats for adoption, cat rooms and front lobby area on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License and excellent driving record required.
- Prior experience working with cats preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated skill and ability in animal handing, care and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Basic date entry knowledge.
- Ability to clean continuously.
- Physical requirements include but not limited to, walking, standing and moving of animals and equipment (ability to lift 50 pounds).
- Ability to stand a minimum of 10 hours per day.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Send resume to:
Senior Director of Human Resources