TEEN CLUB PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Learn and Volunteer In-Person
Ages 14 to 17
The Charleston Animal Society generally requires all volunteers to be 18 years or older. However, we are excited to be able to extend an opportunity to teenagers, 14 to 17, interested in volunteering! We have created a program to educate highly motivated and mature students on all the ins and outs of volunteering at the shelter. After completing this program successfully, students can take on the important responsibility of working with shelter animals unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
- This program is offered from October through March.
- Classes meet twice a month unless otherwise stated in the schedule.
- Classes are from 3-5 pm Sunday afternoons.
- Attendance to all animal handling meetings are required. Sorry, no “make-ups”.
- The program fee is $275 per participant. Refunds will not be available to participants unable to complete the program. Program fees help offset the cost associated with staffing, materials, and shirt provided.
- Scholarships are available. For more details, contact Heather Grogan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-8 minute oral presentation
- Service project
- Adherence to attendance policy
- Passing of written tests & hands-on demonstration of safe animal handling
Note: Attendance alone does not constitute graduation. All requirements above must be met to become a volunteer. After graduation, students must regularly volunteer to maintain the privilege of volunteering.
Program Dates 2022-2023:
Sunday, October 16th Orientation
Sunday, October 23rd
Sunday, November 13th *Mandatory Session
Sunday, December 11th
Sunday, January 8th *Mandatory Session
Sunday, January 22nd
Sunday, February 5th
Sunday, February 26th
OPTIONAL Friday, March 24th *Surgery Day 10am-12pm
Sunday, March 26th Presentations/Graduation
Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 24th.
- 75% refund 14 days or more prior to first day of program.
- 50% refund 7 days prior to first day of program.
- 25% refund 4 days prior to first day of program.
- No refunds will be issued 3 days or less prior to the first day of program.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT TEEN CLUB, PLEASE CONTACT HEATHER GROGAN AT HGROGAN@CHARLESTONANIMALSOCIETY.ORG