Click here to add your own text
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Veterinary Officer and the Lead Veterinary Technician, this position supports the Society by providing daily care of all surgical and anesthetic procedures and general housekeeping.
Schedule:Primary schedule may include weekdays and/or weekends, including evenings, as appropriate.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and provisions of animal care in a safe, competent, professional and humane manner at all times.
- Triage all patients and report all concerns to veterinary technician or attending veterinarian.
- Restrain all patients during anesthesia induction and intubation.
- Monitor all patients on gas anesthesia.
- Prepare patients for surgery as instructed.
- Transport patients from prep room to operating room.
- Assist veterinarians in surgery as needed.
- Keep supervisor informed of animal behavior, health or concerns.
- Monitor patients in recovery.
- Assist transport driver with handling and unloading transport animals.
- Provide information to owners and communicate with customers.
- Provide excellent patient care.
- Perform daily cleaning of kennels, cages, bathrooms and public areas.
- Stock prep room and operating room.
- Wash and sterilize all surgical packs throughout the day.
- Clean prep room, exam room, and surgical rooms at the end of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License and excellent driving record required.
- Prior experience working with animals preferred.
- Ability to learn basic veterinary medical concepts to include but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks.
- Ability to communicate medical information to owners.
- Physical ability to handle an average 100 animals per day.
- Ability to learn characteristics of animal behavior.
- Compassion and understanding of animals.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to clean continuously.
- Physical requirements include but not limited to, walking, standing and moving of animals and equipment (ability to lift 50 pounds).
- Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly.
- Ability to stand a minimum of eight hours per day.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Send resume to: