What’s a Junior Camp Leader?
Our Junior Camp Leaders are an invaluable part of our program and help carry a lot of responsibility. This opportunity has been designed to foster skills in areas such as leadership, animal handling, personal accountability, and communication. Juniors are extensions of our staff and are expected to behave with maturity and compassion towards other counselors, campers and, of course, all the animals we will be interacting with.
Leaders are volunteers, not campers – it is a fun and rewarding experience, but there is a lot of hard work involved. There will be plenty of animal time, of course! But being a Junior Camp Leader will also involve responsibilities such as:
- Cleaning up of animal habitats
- Helping campers feel comfortable at camp
- Helping campers with their crafts and activities
- Leading games
- Assisting Counselors with animal time and lessons
- Being enthusiastic, communicative, and supportive of campers as well as fellow team members.
What is the process?
We welcome children ages 13 and older that have demonstrated maturity and leadership skills and their guardians to fill out the Junior Camp Leader Application form.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications due Tuesday, April 4th
- JCLs are selected based on the applicant’s application.
- JCLs can sign up for a maximum of two weeks of camp
- Each weekly leadership opportunity costs $200 (scholarships available upon request), which includes:
- Training workshop, increased animal handling opportunities, and an exclusive JCL shirt.