Digital Marketing Manager
Supervisor: Chief Advancement Officer
Working Relationships: All levels of management, and staff, contractors, volunteers, general public, donors, business partners, media outlets, officers, committees, Board of Directors, and others as appropriate.
Compensation: Exempt; Full-time, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this position is responsible for creating and implementing online marketing and fundraising tactics to further the goals and strategies for Charleston Animal Society. This position oversees and manages the organization’s informational and e-commerce web sites, creates and manages multi-channel email marketing programs, and implements digital marketing campaigns utilizing a wide range of techniques including paid search (Google Ad Words), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Pay Per Click (PPC) channels. A skillful manager of logistics, people management, with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities under pressure. A person of integrity, loyalty, and a capacity for hard work, perseverance, and resiliency.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and provision of animal care in a safe, competent, professional and humane manner at all times.
- Utilizing best practice approaches and up-to-date technology, continuously update and make improvements to the Charleston Animal Society organization web site to raise brand awareness, improve use experience, and raise funds.
- Through Raiser’s Edge database and the NXT email marketing platform, create and manage a robust email communications and fundraising stream utilizing list segmentation to achieve planned fundraising and communication goals.
- Resident expertise in use of third-party fundraising and promotion tools such as JustGiving, GreaterGiving, RallyUp, Team Raiser and all Blackbaud Software products currently used.
- Create and manage email marketing strategy that includes a “welcome series” to steward, engage and solicit donors, adopters, clinic clients, pet store web site customers, and online pharmacy customers.
- Utilizing a range of techniques, including Google Ad Words, SEO and PPC channels, drive traffic to various organization web sites (Charleston Animal Society, online Pet Supply store, online Pharmacy) for fundraising and sales conversions.
- Track and analyze conversion rates to make informed recommendations on strategies and tactics to achieve online goals.
- Constantly work with Marketing & Communications team to be up-to-date on program needs and content.
- Responsible for creating and managing online marketing and promotion for the Second Chance Resale Store.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 2 Years of experience in Web Design, Email Marketing, or Transactional Software Platforms.
- Nonprofit organization a plus.
- Strongly Preferred: Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT Fundamentals Certification and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT Professional Certification. This will be a requirement to obtain upon hire if these certifications are not already achieved.
- Excellent judgment and strong decision-making abilities.
- Cooperative and collaborated skillset necessary for interacting with broad range of contacts, including board members and senior management, as well as the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to manage complex and highly confidential information with utmost discretion.
- A high degree of personal organization and self-management.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy.
- A strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great attention to detail and to a high standard of work.
- Ability to take initiative and work well in a deadline-oriented environment with persistence and follow-through to project completion.
- Able to multi-task and anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make spur-of-the-moment decisions based on organizational needs and unexpected changes, interruptions, or other urgent matters.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours including evenings and weekends.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Publisher; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Greater Giving Software, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator, and familiarity with Team Raiser software a plus.
- Knowledge of web trends, technical and design best practices, and user accessibility requirements.
- Flair for graphic design.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Willingness to continue education/training in emerging areas.
- Expertise in Google AdWords and Facebook Advertising campaign development and management (PPC, content network, related media such as YouTube, etc.)
- Expertise in analyzing campaign performance metrics and conversion metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel), Word Press and with reporting and tracking tools.
- Valid driver’s license required and must have excellent driving record.
- Travel throughout Charleston County, the State and Nation.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test and Background Check required.
- Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, walking, standing and moving of equipment and animals (ability to lift 50 pounds).
Schedule: Primary schedule may include weekdays and/or weekends, including evenings, as appropriate
Working Area: Charleston Animal Society and venues for meetings throughout Charleston County and beyond.
Send resume to:
Senior Director of Human Resources