Facebook Fundraising for Classroom Programs
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for Classroom Programs! Your fundraising will bring a compassion-based curriculum to upcoming generations in the Lowcountry. Our SC State Standard aligned lessons help build character, kindness, and animal knowledge.
How can you start a Facebook fundraiser?
- Go to the Charleston Animal Society Facebook page.
- Click the “More” dropdown menu under our profile picture.
- Select “Fundraisers” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the light blue “Raise Money” button on the right side of the screen.
- Fill out the text boxes on the left side of the screen with your fundraising goals, currency, end date, title and description of your fundraiser.
- For the “What’s the title of your fundraiser?” question, enter “Project BARK- (Teacher Name), (Grade)” (i.e. Project BARK- Mrs. Smith’s 5th Grade)
- Alter existing text under “Why are you raising money?” to fit the program. Either create your own description, or use the sample text below:
- “I am raising money to bring Charleston Animal Society’s Project BARK (Be Aware, Responsible, and Kind) program into my classroom! These programs are tailored to children of all ages and include a compassion-based lesson and an adorable animal guest!As you can imagine, this year has taken an emotional toll on the mental health of both students and educators. While we don’t know what the future holds, what we do know is that animals have the ability to brighten one’s day. Studies show that the presence of an animal can alleviate stress and anxiety, boost your mood, and ease loneliness. Join me in providing this amazing animal experience to my students!
For more information on youth programs at Charleston Animal Society, visit https://charlestonanimalsociety.org/humane-education/ “
- In the “Cover Photo” section at the bottom click on the “+” button to upload an image of your choice. The ideal size for this image is 940 x 348 pixels.
- Review your Facebook Fundraising page on the right side of the screen and when you are finished, click the blue “Create” button in the bottom left side of the screen.
- Once your Facebook Fundraiser is completed, click the “Share” button on the fundraising page to share the fundraiser on your social media or you can select a shareable link to directly send to friends and family.
- Please email email@example.com the link to your Facebook Fundraiser once it is created. This will allow us to apply the funds you raise to your classroom of choice.